If you are not a British citizen, you will need an entry permit to go to the UK. The Home Office has three categories to grant the entrance fee:

  1. European Economic Area Citizens , Citizens of the European Economic Area: Do not need permission to enter the Kingdom. Including all EU countries, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland. Citizens of the Swiss Confederation are also included in this category.

  2. Non-Visa Nationals : Need an entry certificate to go to the UK to work or settle. This category is mainly made up of Commonwealth citizens.

  3. Visa Nationals : Need a Visa to enter the UK for any reason.


You will also need a visa if you; (i) Do not have a nationality ( stateless ), or (ii) have a document that does not give you the nationality or citizenship of the country that gave it to you (example: a driving license), or (iii)  possess a passport that is not recognized in the United Kingdom. 

UK visit visas are issued for a maximum period of 6 months. If you wish to stay longer, you will have to leave the country and ask for a new visa. If you want to go to the UK freely, you will need to apply for a multiple-entry visa , otherwise you will have a single-entry visa that will allow you to enter only once in the UK.


Following are the four main visa categories for which most of the visa applications are made for the UK:

UK Immigration Visas

The UK is one of the World's most popular immigration destinations especially for the people from Asia, as in most of the case they have some sort of family connections in the UK.
UK also offers a divers cultural mix which makes it easy for everyone to blend in. In short, the UK has something to offer to everyone. Find out your best UK immigration option.

UK Student Visas

UK has world class universities, practical vocational colleges and outstanding English language schools to offer high standard education to international students. If you are looking to study in the UK for a full time / long term course, a British Student Visa is your best starting point. Find out your options by pushing "More Information" button below.

UK Spouse / Partner Visas

If you plan to get married to, or are in a committed relationship with British citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to obtain a spouse visa for immigration to the UK. Push the button below to find out all about it.

UK Visitor Visas

If you are planning to visit the UK for recreation, tourism, to see any family or friends, business purposes, this is the right visa for you. See all the details by pushing the button below.

Please reload